Schedule Springtime Air Conditioning Maintenance
Call Bradley Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule a maintenance service call before we get to the hottest part of the year. If there are any problems with your system, it’s better to find out before it’s sweltering outside!
Replace Your Heating and Cooling Filters
Replace your heating and cooling air filters every month. Operating your system with dirty filters wastes energy and may even damage your system. While you’re at it, check and clean the filters in your air cleaners and humidifiers.
Check Your Heating System
- If you have a forced air heating system, check your furnace’s blower compartment and coils. Vacuum them if you see dirt and dust.
- Check the fan belt tension, and lubricate the fan and motor bearings.
- If you have a steam system, check the shut-off valve for leaks.
- Bleed hot water system radiators at least once a year.
- Clutter near your furnace can be a fire hazard, and may keep your system from operating efficiently.
- To make sure you’re getting the most out of your cooling system, vacuum your home’s registers and vents at least once a year to keep them free of dust, dirt, and pet hair.
- Listen for odd sounds when your heating or cooling system kicks in. If you hear anything unusual, call Bradley Heating & Air Conditioning so you can take care of problems before they become serious.
- During the summer months, set your ceiling fan at its slowest speed and reverse it in order to gently push cool air down from the ceiling without generating a breeze.
Bradley Heating & Air Conditioning
200 Business Park Way, Suite A
Royal Palm Beach, Florida 33411